Sunday, June 15, 2008

Friday night agility with Shelby

Friday night's class was good. There were only 3 of us there. I brought my video camera and had Patricia take a couple videos. The opening was a jump to a tunnel, then an angled jump to the weaves. Then a series of jumps to a tunnel and we were supposed to have the A frame, but we didn't, so we did the tunnel twice. Then a jump and the broad jump. I had planned to do the tunnel, then a front cross to do the weaves on the right, then a jump and a rear cross to the next series of jumps, then a reverse flow pivot-ish move to get Shelby to the far entrance of the tunnel, then a front cross on the take off side of the jump, then back to the tunnel and run like hell to the end. What happened in the first attempt was I directed Shelby to the wrong end of the tunnel, and then she was sniffing all over, which the other dogs did too, so there must have been something there. Then to get her back, I ended up doing the weaves on the wrong side. The jumps went ok, and Shelby didn't totally read my RFP, because I was running toward to tunnel, not straight ahead, but I managed to pull her off the wrong entrance and into the correct one, and then the ending was fine.

The second time was better and I worked on a few things with Denielle.

No comments: