Saturday, June 07, 2008

Friday night agility with Shelby

Well, Friday was the fitting end to a weird and confusing week. Things just hadn't been going quite right all week. I was late to class, so we didn't really get to warm up and then the course was quite challenging and I hadn't really decided how to run it and I was up first! I did ok in the opening and through the middle to the weaves, but then I was way behind in the ending and we totally screwed up. I had it in my head how I thought it would go, but Shelby was really fast and messed me up. :-) But no one really did it well, so it was ok.

Tomorrow we are heading to Boxborough for earthdog training. I haven't been to this site before, but it's only 30 minutes from home, so why not? We also have earthdog training next weekend, which is nice.

But there aren't any trials coming up I don't think. The one that's usually in July in Brimfield isn't on the schedule yet. That would be a bummer. Last year it poured rain and the judge said Spot's run was the first time she ever wrote "splashing" as work. The tunnels were pretty flooded and some dogs didn't quite know what to make of it. But Spot went for it.

I'm hoping Shelby will still show promise in the IQ class. I would love to enter her in the next trial. I don't think I would try her in JE this season. I would want to do some training over the winter first with Carolyn at Gemini.

No comments: