Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Escape Artists

This morning I let Spot and Shelby out around 7 and went to lay down for a few minutes. Well, an hour later, I go to look for them and they are not in the yard. Panic! I get dressed and hop into the car to drive around the neighborhood calling them. My only thoughts are hoping they don't get hit by a car or attack someone's cat. Thankfully it was early Sunday morning, so not much traffic.

I drive around, but don't see them. As I pull into the driveway and turn off the car, I hear barking, so I drive off again, but find nothing. Just as I'm heading home, I hear Shelby barking and it turns out a neighbor was able to get a leash on her, but Spot ran away. She told me which way he went so I grab Shelby and drive over and see Spot in someone's yard. I called him and he came right away, which was great.

I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't find them. Thank goodness for the woman who found them. I know they've been digging around the fence a lot, but I didn't think they were able to break through. It turns out they escaped the same way Spot did before-through the corner of the gate. They were able to squeeze through the gate and the chicken wire. I did some more work and hopefully they can't do it again.

No comments: