Sunday, June 14, 2009

A sunny Saturday at Willards Woods

On Saturday the weather was super, so I decided to take the dogs to Willards Woods. We hadn't been in months. Spot and Shelby were super excited to be there.

When we pulled in there was only one other car there, which surprised me. The weather was so nice I thought it would be packed. While we were there we only came across a couple other dogs. We saw one puppy, and thankfully it was on leash and I saw it way ahead so I was able to call Shelby and put her on leash. Of course the people asked why Spot was off leash and Shelby was on, and I explained she doesn't like puppies, and she growled on cue!

Overall, Shelby was very good. She didn't run off, she was always with Spot, and checked in with me a lot and came when I called her. Spot had a great time sniffing and marking everything. Shelby got to swim in the creek. It was a nice time spent with the dogs. I really need to get out there more often when the weather is nice.

No comments: