Friday, June 19, 2009

Shelby strikes again

This time I saw the whole thing. I let Spot and Shelby out the front door and there was a robin hopping in the grass. The dogs saw it and started chasing it. Normally it would fly away, but I think something may have been wrong, because it didn't.

Shelby grabbed it in her mouth and ran away and I could still hear it chirping. So I ran after her and tried to get her to drop it, which she did, but I wasn't able to grab the bird before Shelby picked it up again.

After a minute the bird died, and at that point I let Shelby carry it around the yard. She would drag it in the grass and then roll in the grass, but not on the bird. She was very interested in the wings and would move them around a lot.

Eventually I called them in for treats and Shelby left the bird, so I was able to get it and dispose of it.

No comments: