Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back to class

Last night Spot and Shelby got back to agility class.

Spot worked on weave poles and rear crosses. He did pretty ok on the weave poles. Definitely better on the left than the right.

For the rear cross work, it was a series of 3 jumps, all at an angle. The second jump was a winged jump. I was the one who kept messing up. We got the first 2 jumps, but getting Spot to move ahead so I could cross behind was tough. I kept slowing down to let him get ahead, but he took that as a turn cue and came in. So I started throwing the toy ahead. We'll get it in time.

Shelby was super excited to be back in class. We worked on weave poles. We went back to the two by two method, using 2 sets of 2 poles, set apart. This was to work on collection for the entry. By spacing the poles apart, the dog needs to collect twice. I have to say Shelby did super. She hit the entry from 90 degrees on both sides and was fast! It will be interesting to see how this plays out in full sets of poles in the future. However the bad thing last night was the mosquitos. They were viscious. I had at least 10 bites, and that's with repellent. I need to get the deep woods stuff I think.

No comments: