Sunday, December 28, 2008

A wet day at Willard's Woods

It was pretty warm today and the dogs really needed some exercise so we went to WW. I expected some mud because of all the snow melt. But there was also a lot of standing water. There were also some ice patches. I have Yak Trax but I left them in the car!

Shelby was so good for most of the walk. She stayed right near me and didn't run off at all. She kept checking in, even making sure it was ok to go meet some kids and dogs. I think she's growing up! We did have one incident. I saw there was a schnauzer coming up behind us so I put Shelby on lead. When the dog reached us, he and Shelby said hello, and I was trying to pay attention, but the owner was blathering about Jack Russells and while I was distracted Shelby snarked at the other dog. Nothing major, but I really want to keep on top of those reactions. The other woman was all like "oh, she doesn't like my dog getting to close to you, she's being protective." She totally wasn't listening when I tried to explain that Shelby is tring to be dominant. Oh well.

It was nice to get out of the house, but I was disappointed at all the dog poop I saw. I picked up a few piles on my way out. Whenever it snows, people seem to think they don't need to scoop the poop.

No comments: