Friday, December 12, 2008

Class cancelled due to ice

Wow-what a winter storm we've had and it's not over for a lot of people.
Our usual Friday night agility is cancelled tonight because of it. The instructor lives in Worcester and that area was hit hard.

We've had rain for the past 3 days and last night it turned into ice. So my pine trees got coated with ice. Each and every needle was covered. We also had some high wind gusts. Which combined with the heavy ice-covered branched to result in branches snapping off and falling at high velocity.

Spot was running around the house all night long barking at every noise. Eventually I had to put him in the bathroom, which calmed him down a bit.

Thankfully I only have only minor damage to my fence that I should be able to repair myself. Times like these make me want to cut down those 2 gigantic pine trees once and for all.

No comments: