Saturday, December 13, 2008

An update on the Blind Cross Body Line

Our class on the 5th was very good.

We had a Jumpers-style course and practiced our Blind Cross Body Line handling. Shelby was so focused and fast. I almost couldn't believe it. Then again she does lover Jumpers. We seem to get a good rhythm going when we do Jumpers.

The course was set up so we repeated the middle but with one change. The first time we did a serpentine and the second time a threadle. Shelby handled them both beautifully. My timing was a little slow-mainly because I wasn't sure she would do it!

I also had to work on the timing of the threadle because after the threadle I needed to get ahead of Shelby for a front cross. We repeated that a couple times and eventually I got it. All the handlers who had some difficulty the week before did much better this week. I guess it just needed to marinate for a while.

Overall a very fun class. We also had a couple of new people join us. Patricia and Marco, who had been out for a couple months and Nancy and Colby who we hadn't taken class with before.

No comments: