Monday, July 28, 2008

Bay Colony Daschund Club Earthdog Trial-Day Two

On Sunday, I slept in a little bit and arrived at the site around 10:30. Still, Senior didn't start until about 12:30. A few people didn't show up, so there were only 5 of us. Of course, Spot was last. They had changed up the tunnel a bit, and had switched the location of the den and the false exit. Spot just made it to the rats in time after going in and out of the entrance and false exit 2-3 times. I heard the judge say "yes!" when he got to the rats, and when I heard that I figured we were good. Well, for some reason Spot decided to work the false den. The only thing I can think of is that the false den was the actual den the day before, so maybe he was confused. They removed the rats and Spot didn't even notice-he kep working the false den! I called and called, and finally when he stopped for breath, I called again and he came to me. A very weird day. The judge had never seen a dog do that before, so it was a learning experience all around!

There was a camera crew on site, but they weren't filming earthdog. It was a crew filming for Animal Planet. They were filming all the daschunds for a show called Dogs 101. They certainly got a lot of film-there were lots of different colors, coats and sizes.

No comments: