Monday, November 06, 2006

A trip to a new groomer

On Saturday, Spot and Shelby went to get groomed. Thankfully, since they are terriers, this is more for my convenience than anything they "need", so they only go every 6 months or so. When I wash them at home, I just can't get them as deep down clean as a groomer can. And the clean dog smell lasts a lot longer than when I wash them too.
Unfortunately, our wonderful groomer in Arlington closed, so I had to find a new place. I wasn't all that impressed with the new groomer. First, she mentioned shaving. Now, with a wire coated dog, you don't shave them, you strip the hair. I mean, my two are not show dogs, so I'm not all that into their appearance, but it's not like a poodle or an arctic breed that might need shaving in the summer to stay cool. Also, I didn't like that I couldn't actually see the grooming area. I liked the other groomer because you could see everything. Third, they trimmed the dogs' nails, and they trimmed Spot's nails too short and he started bleeding when we got home. This never happened before.
So, I think I might look for a different groomer next time.

No comments: