Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A breakthrough-I think

Well, for a long time, when I let Spot out, he will come to the door and bark once to let me know that he wants to come in.
Shelby started scratching at the door to be let in, but I realized that's probably bad because eventually the door will get all scratched up. So over the weekend I decided to stop responding to the scratching to see what would happen. Well, Shelby barked once! I was so excited. I praised the heck out of her. I hoped it wouldn't be a one-time thing. Over the weekend Shelby has pretty much stopped the scratching and started barking to come in the house. This morning she had to bark twice because I guess she thought I didn't hear her the first time!
So now Shelby rings the bell to go out and barks to come in. She really has me trained well!

No comments: