Monday, December 11, 2006

Bay Colony Dog Show

This Saturday, Holly and I went to the Bay Colony Dog show held the the Bayside Expo Center in Boston. This was my first dog show and it was pretty low key. There were lots of dogs there and a lot going on, but everyone was pretty relaxed and things seemed to run well. We went to see the agility competition. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the novice standard class. They start that class at 6am (!) before the doors open to the public so that the dogs and handlers are less stressed. We got there around 8:30 and saw the 20 inch standard class. It was interesting. The course was pretty easy I thought, except for a tough discrimination between the tunnel and dog walk. A few people got caught by that. Then later we came back and watched the novice jumpers with weaves. It's similar to the standard class, but there are no contact obstacles. I took a few vidoes. One dog was so stressed that it peed in the ring. That's an automatic disqualification unfortunately.





I was hoping these videos would be clearer, since I used the high resolution setting. Oh well.

No comments: