Monday, October 24, 2011

Bo Gee CPE Trial, October 22-23, 2011

Last weekend, Spot was entered in the last outdoor trial of the season at the Deerfield Fairgounds in Deerfield, NH. We were entered in Standard 2, Colors 3, Fullhouse 3 and Jackpot 3 on Saturday, and Standard 2, Wildcard 3, and Colors 3 on Sunday.

We got there Saturday about 8am, they were already running Snooker, which we hadn't entered. There were no course maps left, but I saw one on the table, so I took it. No one said it was theirs, so fair game. The courses looked challenging, but do-able. However, Spot had other plans. The first run was Standard. Spot had a lot of energy, but wasn't connecting with me, so he was running past jumps, not coming back, etc. Next was Colors. This run again was not very good. This time we got majorly stuck at the weaves. He would do one pole, then stop, or run off. I left in the middle of the course because he was not into it. The third run was Fullhouse, and I started him off in a straight line: jump, tunnel, jump, then a front cross. Spot did the three obstacles, but then blew me off and ran to the table. After that I decided to leave for the day and skip Jackpot because there was no way we were going to be successful. I was really disappointed and on the verge of tears because I knew we could do these courses and we really need to finish level 2 Standard if we want to go to Nationals. The indoor trials are few that actually have standard, so we only have 3-4 more chances to get 2 Qs.

On Sunday I tried to have a positive attitude. It was freezing when we got there, only about 34 degrees. Again, no course maps! Luckily someone brought one back, but I still only had level 3, no level 2 standard map. Our day began with Standard 2, and we actually did pretty well. The A frame was a little slow and the weaves took us 2 tries, but I thought we had a chance to Q. Unfortunately we were 11 seconds over time, so didn't make it. Next was Wildcard. We started out ok, but got to the weaves and Spot just would not do them. Finally I got him to do them, but then we got whistled off for max course time. The last class was Colors, and I thought we might be ok, since it was a short course, but again, we started and did 5 obstacles, and then Spot ran to the exit.

Thankfully I hadn't entered Jumpers, so we were able to pack it up and head home around 3:30.

It was a disastrous weekend all around. Shelby go to play with me a little, so that was nice. Not sure exactly what I can do to get Spot's head back in the game.

No comments: