Monday, September 07, 2009

Bath Time!

Today Spot and Shelby both got a bath. This time I washed them in the kitchen sink. It has pros and cons. In the bathtub, the showerhead isn't quite as long and the dogs have more room to move around. Also I have to kneel on the floor, which can get awkward. In the sink, I can stand, so it's easier. The faucet is easier to use, but the dogs are tall, so it can be hard not to get water everywhere.

But we did ok. Both dogs were great. They were calm while getting bathed. Spot really enjoyed getting a massage. He's been itching because of allergies, so I thought the bath might help. Seems like he's itching less.

Shelby actually did better than usual. She generally will cooperate for about 5 minutes, but that's it. Today she was pretty calm and let me wash and dry her.

I decided to give both of them a bath because they will be staying with Holly next weekend while I stay in Boston for work. I figured it would be nicer if they were clean. If I feel like they're still not clean, I might take them to the groomer. We'll see.

No comments: