Thursday, March 05, 2009

Full Video of Pedigree Dogs Exposed

This is a program that aired on the BBC in the UK only, I think, but it's caused quite a stir and lead to some sponsors backing out of the annual Crufts dog show. I have seen on several dog lists I am on that 20/20 is intending to do an investigation of the AKC on a similar level. The AKC has declined to participate (of course) and is asking any breeders or fanciers contacted by ABC to decline an interview. I understand that dogs have been bred for different purposes in order to be useful to man in some way, but I do think that there are breeds where traits have been overexaggerated to the detriment of the individual animals, and the gene pool should be opened up and/or breed standards need to be re-examined.
Documentary - BBC - Pedigree Dogs Exposed

No comments: