Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Forgot to mention I also won a raffle item

They had a few raffle items at the trial. I volunteered on Sat and Sun, and on Sun I won a raffle prize that included a hat (ehn) plus 2 tendons, a trachea and some freeze dried tripe (yippee). The doggies liked those!

I found out that I'll be working most of the day at the ARFF trial on Sat. Looks like I'll be assistant scribe and gate steward. I've never gate stewarded for agility. Not sure if I'm loud enough to get people to the gate. And I really don't want to deal with moving people around in the running order. Sigh. I'll give it a try I guess.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Congrats on the freeze dried tripe! Have fun at AARF. There will be many Schnauzers in attendance (although not us!).

Liz said...

The pups are loving the tripe. They couldn't wait for me to get it open. Do you feed fresh tripe?

Yes, there were a few schnauzers. But it was more like the sheltie and border collie show!
Definitely more high-drive dogs than you see at CPE. But people were really nice and not as intense as I was expecting. Pairs was definitely interesting to watch. Not sure if Shelby and I would ever do that.

Jules said...

I have fed canned before (DISGUSTING - never again!) and raw. Raw is still stinky but not so bad.

How did you and Shelby do in the hyped up atmosphere?

Liz said...

I actually left Shelby at home.
She's not registered with USDAA. It was interesting to see the starters level had 12 poles! I guess you don't get faulted for them as long as you complete them, but still, that's tough for a dog starting out. The courses looked quite challenging, so I could see potentially trying out USDAA next year.
I think I'm going to get Spot registered with CPE so I can sign him up for a run or 2 at the Bo Gee trial in Oct!

Jules said...

Oh, Sounds challenging!