Monday, August 06, 2007

Private Lessons

Well finally Spot got some agility time.
I had to bite the bullet and sign up for a private session with Denielle.
We had the place to ourselves for a whole hour. I could get used to that.
This was the first time Denielle had met Spot, so we did all the obstacles so she could get an idea of what he knew, what he liked, or was afraid of, etc. Mostly, I would stand near an obstacle and see what behaviors he offered, and then click and treat the good ones.
Spot had a great time! We did some targeting, and we worked on the plank a little bit. Then we tried the tunnel, which he loved. We also worked on weave poles and the teeter. We also did some jumping.
The only thing that he didn't like was stretching. So I'll have to work on that a bit.
All in all, it went well and Denielle thought Spot was so smart and so cute. I agree!

No comments: