Wednesday, June 06, 2007

4 inline poles!

So I missed class last week because I was away in Vancouver.
This week, I was in a bad mood, due to work issues, but I went to class anyway, hoping it would cheer me up. It did a little bit.
So this week, the weave pole station had 4 poles, all inline, the way they are in competition. We haven't tried poles inline yet, we've been doing offset poles, where the poles are opened up more to make it easier. I thought about opening the poles, but I figured we could give it a try. To my surprise, Shelby took the inline poles like she had been doing it all her life! She repeated it a few times, so I was pretty excited.
The course at the end of the class was challenging. The opening was a serpentine, so we did a lead out pivot. Then there was the tunnel, a jump and then the poles, set at a difficult angle. I was so focussed on the idea that the poles were a difficult approach, that it totally messed me up. Shelby did the poles correctly, but I didn't think she did, so I didn't reward her. So Denielle had me re-do that section and it was fine.
Then we had 4 jumps with a little bit of a weird angle. So we did it once, and then Denielle wanted me to do it again. While she was telling me how to make adjustments, Shelby decided to go visit Sadie the great dane. Well, they got into a little bit, so there was some drama. But everyone was fine and we finished.

Overall, not a bad class!

No comments: