Thursday, April 05, 2007

Intermediate again

Ok, I know I said the last session was going to be the last intermediate, but I talked to Denielle and decided that it would be good to stay in intermediate to build up Shelby's confidence some more. Plus she agreed to give me some more advanced things to work on, and I figured since I would be the only one in class working on the more advanced techniques, I would get more attention than in the advanced class.

On Tues we did a run through at the end of class. We're working on serpentines and threadles. Serpentines are when you send the dog over a jump away from you, then pull them back over another jump towards you, then send away again. A threadle is when you send the dog away, then pull them back towards you in the space between the jumps, the send away over the next jump, etc. This first graphic is a serpentine. The red line is the dog and the blue line is the handler.




This second graphic is the threadle. A false turn means that you turn your shoulders to draw the dog to you.

Shelby was a little distracted, looking around the floor for food. But other than that, she's doing great. She is really getting good at being able to send her to an obstacle away from me, and she loves the see saw too. It took a while for her to get back on the see saw after she had that bad experience.

No comments: