Thursday, February 22, 2007

Intermediate starts again!

Well, Tuesday was the first class in another series of 6 for Intermediate Agility. I think it will probably be our last before moving on to Advanced. I was a little puzzled by the fact that a couple people from intermediate moved on to advanced, when I definitely thought that Shelby and I were doing better than they were. But Denielle, the instructor, spoke with me this week and said she thought Shelby might benefit from a little bit more attention at the level of obstacle training, because at advanced, they basically run courses the whole class. She thought it might be a little too much pressure for Shelby to take everything in, doing more advanced work and having new dogs around etc. I forgot to tell her that we've done two seminars already with no problems, but that's ok. This class we have 6 dogs, so it's much better than the craziness of the last session. We are definitely the more advanced in the class, but that's ok, I just work on getting more distance away when sending to obstacles and also doing rear crosses and stuff.

This Saturday Shelby starts her earthdog class. I'm interested to see if she will be into it or not. She was having a great time with a dead frozen mouse this weekend. (yuck) So maybe she'll be more interested in the rats than she was last summer. Spot's not doing this session, since I feel like his skill level is at the point where he can get his junior title this summer. Plus we'll have a couple of outdoor practice days before the actual trials, so he'll be fine.

No comments: